NovaTurn or Turn 270 Turret to Purchase

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Iron-Man
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Modified NovaTurn with Yaskawa AC Servos +-10V, PathPilot running on a GizmoSphere 1 with Ibob2 PCIE interface that I designed. Denford Triac to be modified with AC Servos.

NovaTurn or Turn 270 Turret to Purchase

Post by Iron-Man » Sat 28 Jan , 2017 4:08 am

I am still looking for a Turret to purchase.

Thanks,

Iron-Man

dubstar_04
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac PC (1998, easychange), Mach4, Fusion 360.
NovaTurn NS, VR Turning, Fusion 360

Re: NovaTurn or Turn 270 Turret to Purchase

Post by dubstar_04 » Sat 21 Apr , 2018 12:02 pm

Did you find a turret? I'm looking for a novaturn turret ATM.

Iron-Man
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Modified NovaTurn with Yaskawa AC Servos +-10V, PathPilot running on a GizmoSphere 1 with Ibob2 PCIE interface that I designed. Denford Triac to be modified with AC Servos.

Post by Iron-Man » Fri 04 May , 2018 14:50 pm

dubstar_04 wrote:Did you find a turret? I'm looking for a novaturn turret ATM.
No, but still looking. I have a EMCO Turret that I am modifying. I hope to start the TRIAC mod this year and make a new one from scratch.

Iron-Man

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Post by TDIPower » Fri 04 May , 2018 22:17 pm

I was in to see the guys at Denford UK a few weeks back, they are really great. I thought I would be there about an hour, got there at 11am, left at about 3pm felt like I had been there 10-30mins. One thing that I have found out is that the forum was set up as a place for the guys to post a sort of log of customer questions and sort of self answer. So it would serve as a way of being able to look back for info. They never imagined how much WE have made this forum such a key place to be for those of use who love the machines. I think it has gone so well because the guys there are as into the machines as we are, come old or new. I once tried to get information from boxford, I was shocked because the first question was which school are you from, from that point they wouldn't talk to me siting we only deal with educational establishments!

I love to read about what people are doing, mods, tweaks, adjustments, whatever we can do to make our machines do what we want regardless of what the specs say :) Once I get some stuff done on the house I'm on with my Starturn 5 coversion to a novaturn ish spec using newer denford control rather than the usual mach3 route.

dubstar_04
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac PC (1998, easychange), Mach4, Fusion 360.
NovaTurn NS, VR Turning, Fusion 360

Post by dubstar_04 » Tue 08 May , 2018 19:57 pm

Iron-Man wrote:
No, but still looking. I have a EMCO Turret that I am modifying. I hope to start the TRIAC mod this year and make a new one from scratch.

Iron-Man
I would be interested in working with you to make one if you're interested?

I have a Triac and I got the Novaturn about a month ago. It's a superb machine and way more capable that I ever imagined.

Iron-Man
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Iron-Man » Wed 09 May , 2018 2:33 am

dubstar_04 wrote:
Iron-Man wrote:

Iron-Man
I would be interested in working with you to make one if you're interested?

I have a Triac and I got the Novaturn about a month ago. It's a superb machine and way more capable that I ever imagined.

Yes, I am interested.

Iron-Man