Wanted: Denford Orac, Microturn or similar

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

PeterE
Hardware/Software: Autodesk Fusion360

Wanted: Denford Orac, Microturn or similar

Post by PeterE » Fri 18 Sep , 2020 9:48 am

Hi,

I am looking for a Denford Orac or a Denford Mircoturn as a first CNC lathe as I would like to turn some parts in aluminium alloy. (The parts will not exceed 60mm length and diameter.)

I have been working for some months now on Fusion360 and am keen to start working in metal having completed some prototyping of the parts I need on a 3D printer and have created and simulated my turning tool paths.

I understand that the Orac machine is legacy and would need converting to Mach3 or similar but I have the time to do this as I am currently unemployed but obviously I do not have the money for a new small CNC machine.

I would also be interested in a Denford Microturn for an appropriate amount and already have a price from Denford for a new software licence.

I can travel for the right machine also as I am keen to get started.

Peter

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: Wanted: Denford Orac, Microturn or similar

Post by TDIPower » Sat 19 Sep , 2020 20:43 pm

look out for the starturn and novaturn too. Might still be some schools selling them off.

Pete

PeterE
Hardware/Software: Autodesk Fusion360

Post by PeterE » Tue 22 Sep , 2020 7:35 am

Thanks for the advice. I will keep a look out. 8)

SAW2020
Hardware/Software: Triac Fanuc 21i, Mirac PC & Triac PC

Post by SAW2020 » Thu 12 Nov , 2020 19:09 pm

I have a very nice Mirac PC that i'm looking to sell.

all the hard work done, its wiring has been converted to run either Mach3 or UCCNC - just needs the ATC building back up as it was full of solid grease.

Software would need to be configured for whichever control you wanted to use but options for either are there.

UC300ETH-MAX Controller from CNCroom.com
Two new inverters, one for spindle & one for tool post
New British spindle encoder 360ppm
Pneumatic Chuck & Pneumatic guards open/close of buttons now rather than M codes
Its hardly done any work and inside the machine is in very good condition - outside it has some wear and marks but i was just going to give it a freshen up.
all wiring has been traced from original diagrams and all matched by original numbers where possible so its easy to see what's going on

drop me a message with you email and I'll fire some pictures across