Failing to import .dxf

A forum for anything to do with QuickCAM 2D Design and LaserCAM 2D Design. Submit advice, examples, problems, feature requests etc..

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Luke
Hardware/Software: Router 2600 pro
QuickCAM 2D
QuickCAM Pro
VR Milling

Failing to import .dxf

Post by Luke » Tue 20 Nov , 2018 15:55 pm

Hi,

I've had a search through the forum and can't seem to find a solution to my issue. Trying to import a .dxf file into QuickCAM 2D from Illustrator (or AutoCAD or Solidworks) and nothing seems to be happening. I can see the image on the preview panel when selecting the file but nothing actually happens when I click Okay. No warning or error messages, just nothing. I've tries CTRL+A to see if the drawing has come in way off scale or landed somewhere off the billet but it's not importing anything at all. I've tried .dxf, .dwg and .wmf files, of various ages and versions and none seem to actually import.

Am I missing something?!

Cheers,
Luke

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Failing to import .dxf

Post by Martin » Wed 21 Nov , 2018 13:36 pm

Can you post a copy of the DXF file.

Luke
QuickCAM 2D
QuickCAM Pro
VR Milling

Post by Luke » Wed 21 Nov , 2018 13:56 pm

Test.dxf
(42.09 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
Hopefully that's attached. This is one of the many files and many versions of the same file that we've tried but have all failed to import.

Luke
QuickCAM 2D
QuickCAM Pro
VR Milling

Post by Luke » Mon 03 Dec , 2018 16:48 pm

Somehow the issue seems to have sorted itself out!

tripathiankush
Hardware/Software: audtocad

Post by tripathiankush » Tue 19 Mar , 2019 8:53 am

Luke wrote:
Tue 20 Nov , 2018 15:55 pm
Hi,

I've had a search through the forum and can't seem to find a solution to my issue. Trying to import a .dxf file into QuickCAM 2D from Illustrator (or AutoCAD or Solidworks) and nothing seems to be happening. I can see the image on the preview panel when selecting the file but nothing actually happens when I click Okay. No warning or error messages, just nothing. I've tries CTRL+A to see if the drawing has come in way off scale or landed somewhere off the billet but it's not importing anything at all. I've tried .dxf, .dwg and .wmf files, of various ages and versions and none seem to actually import.

Am I missing something?!

Cheers,
Luke

great post.thanks for sharing this helpful information.well done :D
online civil design course

markymac
Hardware/Software: denford cnc router 2600 pro
QuickCam 2D Design VCarve
QuickCam Pro
QuickCam 4D
VR Milling V5

Post by markymac » Wed 16 Sep , 2020 14:09 pm

Just had the same problem,
I'm creating dxf files in Illustrator 2019 and attempting to import into Quickcam 2.6.0.165
I had success by saving the dxf as an older version and also by changing the properties of Quickcam so that it ran as an administrator. Hope this can help someone in the future